Step inside the A26 demo and take a look around. See how we're taking uptime on the road with hands-on training and an in-depth look at A26 diesel engines and components. Contact us about A26 Engine events:
Winnipeg: May 1, 2018
Regina: May 4, 2018
|Group||Make and Model||MPG (US)||Fuel Savings|
|A||International LT 625 with A26
Volvo VNL with D13
|B||International LT 625 with A26
Kenworth T680 with MX13
|C||International LT 625 with A26
Freightliner Cascadia with DD13
To the customer better fuel economy means one thing: lower operating costs so they can make more money in profit.
Contact a Maxim Account Manager today to see if an International LT would be a good fit for your business.
As an example, if you had a 100 truck fleet and assumed:
• Each truck drove 120,000 miles per year
• Plug in your current average MPG per truck
»»7.69 MPG for Freightliner
»»7.71 MPG for LT with A26
• Diesel price $2.50/gallon
If each fleet drove a total of 12,000,000 miles per year, the results would be:
• The Freightliner fleet would buy 1,560,468 gallons of diesel per year
• The International fleet would buy only 1,556,420 gallons of diesel per year or 4,048 gallons less
• The Freightliner fleet would pay $10,120 more in fuel costs per year than the International fleet.
1. The new cylinder head coolant passages are 50% less restrictive, reducing parasitic loss to the water pump, improving fuel economy.
2. The all new piston assembly features an increased compression ratio and a low friction skirt coating. Fuel economy is further improved with low friction piston rings.
3. Oil cooler thermostat bypass allows oil to bypass the oil cooler in cold weather, to improve fuel economy.
4. A26 is specifically designed to use CK-4 and FA-4 oils. FA-4 oil delivers optimal fuel economy.
2500 bar (36,300 psi) high pressure common rail fuel system delivers maximum fuel injection pressure to reduce emissions and fuel consumption, with multiple injection events for smooth and quiet operation.
PIT Group performed independent third party fuel economy testing over a 300+ mile route including flat and hilly terrain.
|Volvo VNL 670||Kenworth T680|
|400 HP||400 HP||455 HP||455 HP|
|1550-1750 lb*ft @ 975 RPM||1750 lb*ft @ 975 RPM||1550-1850 lb*ft @ 900 RPM||1650 lb*ft @ 900 RPM|
|Eaton EN3 AMT||DT12 Direct Drive||Volvo i-Shift AMT||Fuller EP3 AMT|
Continental tires, dual drive, 6x4
Fuel Aerodynamic devices without Flow Below, without wheel covers
53' van trailers with trailer skirts, without trailer tails
2018 model year vehicles, 2017 GHG compliant engines.
Test dates: September 27 to October 19, 2017
Route: Quebec (Canada), on the test route Mirabel - Gatineau – Maniwaki (mid-point) – Grand-Remours - Mont-Laurier - Mont- Tremblant – Mirabel