PARTS COUNTERPERSON – Winnipeg, MB
Hiring Multiple Candidates
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts? Do you enjoy helping customers with their parts products requirements? As a Parts Counter- Order Desk person, you will sell parts to customers by providing technical expertise and customer service to ensure profitable sale of parts and development of long-term customer relationships.
Position 1 - Tuesday to Friday 9:30AM to 6:00PM and Saturdays 8:00AM to 4:30 PM
Position 2 - Thursday to Monday 8:00AM to 6:00PM (4-10hr shifts)
- Sells parts to customers and builds customer relationships by correctly identifying parts needed, taking orders, creating invoices, billing out freight, and collecting payment. Inputs lost sales (e.g. due to no stock) into Karmak business system.
- Increases sales and decreases obsolete stock by making suggestions, up-selling products and advising customers on product applications
- Sources parts for select customers by phoning suppliers and competitors. Seeks technical information regarding new & current products and orders merchandise within established limits.
- Performs parts counter sales to customers in person as required, including accepting returned goods from customers for credit.
- Participates in annual parts inventories, clean-up and preparation work.
- 2 years of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts experience to ensure the ability to identify parts.
- 2+ years with front line sales and customer service
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products an asset
- Customer service focus & ability to build relationships
- Able to up-sell products to customers
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge with ability to learn in-house systems
- Knowledge of Karmak business system preferred
- A team player, shows initiative, and a continual learner attitude
- Ability to lift 75-100 pounds without assistance.
- Mechanical aptitude demonstrated through informal automotive/truck mechanical experience a definite asset
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 15 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for over 30 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!