Maxim Truck and Trailer
580 Oakpoint Highway
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Maxim is currently seeking TRAILER TECHNICIANS for our Winnipeg Trailers branch. The successful candidate will diagnose and complete repairs and/or services on heavy-duty trailers to ensure customer satisfaction and profits for Maxim, while working as a member of our team.
- Conducts repairs/service under the direction of the Shop Foreman. Notifies Foreman of any additional repairs required on the unit.
- Tests and inspects repairs – conducts road test to ensure quality of work
- Determines unit issues by way of thorough diagnostics
- Record appropriate information on all work orders (serial numbers, parts used, repairs completed, or problems/unusual situations encountered during repairs)
- Maintain company tools and equipment; general shop upkeep to promote a safe work environment
- 3rd Level Apprentice to Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Government Safety Inspection Certificate an asset and will become required
- Interest in continually upgrading skills and knowledge in trade
- Valid Class 1 with Air Driver’s License an asset for road testing
- Positive attitude and team player
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks
- Familiar with tools of the trade and personally equipped with an adequate supply of hand tools
Why Choose Maxim?
- A ‘Tool and Boot’ Allowance of 100% reimbursement to a maximum of $400 per calendar year.
- Support of Apprenticeship training – Maxim will pay 100% of eligible courses and book expenses to a maximum of $1,000 per level
- Competitive compensation package, shift premium for working evenings and weekends
- Group Benefits including: health (drug card), dental, vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Employee referral bonuses - $1,000 and a FREE IPad!
- A great team to work with, and more!
More About Us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for over 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!