JUNIOR PARTS PURCHASER
Maxim Truck and Trailer
1860 Brookside Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy duty truck and trailer parts? Maxim is currently seeking a Parts Purchaser. The successful candidate will order heavy-duty truck and trailer parts to maintain inventory levels and ensure customer satisfaction while building long-term relationships with parts suppliers.
- Orders parts for all Maxim locations by consulting suggested order report or taking requests directly from branches.
- Negotiates special pricing adjustments with vendors.
- Follow-up on stock orders and back-orders.
- Maintains and updates stock order minimum/maximums to ensure sufficient inventory levels.
- Updates price changes and part number descriptions, messages, and substitutions in Karmak.
- Maintains a central purchasing order form for all vendors and a NAFTA book for all USA vendors.
- Analyze potential suppliers to current suppliers by comparing costs, product, and other variables.
- Supports ongoing efforts to reduce obsolete inventory, including maintaining a vendor return schedule and assisting Inventory Analyst with vendor returns.
- Knowledge of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts preferred.
- Parts Counter or order desk experience within the heavy-duty (or related) industry.
- Experience with sourcing and purchasing parts in a multi-branch, retail environment.
- Customer service focused and the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to organized, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills with varying levels of people.
- Shows initiative and works as part of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, email, internet, etc.
- Ability to learn in-house computer systems; Karmak knowledge an asset.
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive salary
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 15 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for over 30 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!