Maxim Truck and Trailer is seeking to fill a Parts Inventory Administrator position at the Winnipeg head office location. The successful incumbent will oversee annual inventories, oversee core parts, work to reduce obsolete inventory, and look for process improvements to help reduce costs for Maxim. S/He will strive for excellence in internal and external customer satisfaction, while building long-term relationships with suppliers.
- Inventory – Oversees the physical inventories and reconciliation for all Maxim parts locations. This includes travel of approximately 7 times per year of 4 to 5 days each trip.
- IPS customer set up, maintenance and monthly reporting.
- Consignment – monthly reconcile and report on customer usage
- Freight Invoice – reconcile and posting for payment
- Obsolescence – Works with the Parts Inventory Analyst and Parts Assistant to devise methods to return and reduce inventory.
- Inventory Control – Continuously looks for process improvements and methods of lowering overall cost.
- Technical Adviser – Provide Parts, Service and Associate Dealers with information regarding pricing, product availability, and turnover.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Experience conducting physical inventories and reducing obsolete inventory preferred
- Background in a multi-branch, retail environment preferred
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel, email systems, internet use, and keyboarding
- Ability to learn in-house central inventory system; knowledge of Karmak an asset
- Aptitude for numbers, pays attention to details
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Knowledge of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts preferred
- Knowledge of continuous improvement methods an asset
- Fact finding and analytical skills
- Experience with general office administration
- Communicates effectively with varying levels of people
- Ability to build relationships and negotiate with vendors
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.