DLH Group (Maxim Truck & Trailer, Summit Trailer, Arne's Welding & Trout River Industries)
1860 Brookside Blvd
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
DLH Group of companies is seeking a confident and enthusiastic Health & Safety (H&S) Manager. The successful candidate will provide Health & Safety leadership and guidance to all DLH group employees and subsidiary companies. This will include providing guidance to Health & Safety (H&S) Coordinators within subsidiary companies, managing workplace training, workplace incidents and Worker’s Compensation claims to promote well-being of employees in the workplace, avoid exposure to risk and reduce costs related to workplace injuries/ or non-compliance fines and penalties.
- Developing, review and maintaining DLH Group Corporate H&S Policies to ensure compliance with various legislative requirements. Provide advice to various parties on development of H&S procedures. Participates in various corporate committees as required.
- Designs and coordinates H&S training while maintaining the applicable budget.
- Reviews incident reports; investigates incidents with supervisors to determine root cause and develop/ follow up on prevention plans. Attends tribunals, courts or hearings relating to DLH Group H&S as needed.
- Processes Worker’s Compensation claims; liaises with Worker’s Compensation representatives.
- Sources appropriate and cost effective H&S equipment, tools or devices; coordinates ergonomic assessments
- Provides monthly statistical analysis of workplace incidents and safety performance. Maintains detailed expenditure records, regularly audits the performance of all departments’ adherence to H&S legislation and application regulations. Seeks creative recommendations to improve safety performance, cost savings and program expenditures.
- Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- Completion of or actively pursuing safety professional CHSC, CRSP or CRST designation
- 3 to 5 years of developing and coordinating health & safety programs, developing and delivering related training, and conducting incident investigations in a multi-branch, mid-sized company
- Interpreting and working with interprovincial health and safety legislation, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and related regulations
- Worker’s compensation claims management, accident investigation, workplace inspection and job hazard analysis
- Awareness of current and emerging occupation health and safety issues including risk assessment, ergonomic design, protective equipment and clothing, working at heights, energy control, and hearing conservation
- Health & Safety responsibilities in a dealership or industrial environment preferred
- Previous experience working in a union environment preferred
- Easily builds rapport and relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including public agencies and government
- Achieves buy-in and gains the trust and respect of all staff using a tactful, collaborative leadership style
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Shows attention to detail
- Effectively creates and manages change
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Ability to work with minimum direction and supervision
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information and records
- Familiarity with LMS Software (Adobe Captivate®, Articulate Storyline®) an asset
- Ability to speak French an asset
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health, dental, vision and RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance program
- Employee referral bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
- Free parking
- ….and more!
More About Us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply today!