Do you have experience in manufacturing settings? Are you passionate about coaching and developing your staff? If so, this might be the role for you! We’re looking for a Production Supervisor to run our Finishing & Cell Completion department. You will be responsible for overseeing the final stages in our manufacturing process to ensure a the delivery of a quality product.
- Directs department activities and ensures production is carried out to meet customer demands.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity
- Ensures established workflow policies are followed to meet product quality and safety standards while maximizing efficiency.
- Directs and assigns work to production team and ensures that the employees have the training skills and authorization to perform those tasks.
- Ensure that employees perform work safely and that all processes are carried out in compliance with Arne’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and various other company policies.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to employees
- Achieve departmental goals for safety, quality and productivity
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Liaise with other Department Managers to ensure coordinated effort
- Create and foster teamwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have at 4+ years’ supervisory leadership experience in a Finishing/ manufacturing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial painting and manufacturing
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing departmental processes, including plasma cutting, band saws, brake (parts formation), drilling & machining
- Ability to coach, motivate and mentor staff
- Skilled at creating and maintaining strong teamwork approach
- Capable of conflict resolution / performance management
- Aptitude for interpreting engineering drawings.
- Excellent organizational skills & attention to detail
- Proven track record of being able to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze / problem solve
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement principles
- Understanding and experience of Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge and experience with ISO standards
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of workplace Health and Safety legislation
- Experience in the heavy trailer industry
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a great team environment with a comprehensive salary and group benefit package.