Maxim Truck and Trailer
600 Oak Point Highway
Foreman (Days) Br. 7
As a Foreman you will direct and support the Technicians to ensure that all repairs and maintenance are performed correctly the first time. You will ensure work is completed in a safe environment, while producing the budgeted gross profits for the department.
- Delegates work to Technicians by pre-established priority (time constraints, size of jobs) and by strengths of Technicians. Conducts shop check to inspect work-in-process and work completed. Monitors and ensures quality repairs are being done including final inspection
- Supervises staff following Maxim’s Leadership principles.
- Reviews completed work orders to ensure proper paperwork is attached additional story when time used exceeds the allowable time. Totals the number of hours to complete work and includes additional information if required. Ensures appropriate work receives a quality control check prior to keys and repair order begin returned to the front counter.
- Assists in protecting and maintaining Maxim’s and customer’s assets in our care by following procedures and reporting related concerns to the Bodyshop Manager
- 5+ years in a leadership role in the Autobody Industry
- heavy-duty truck and trailer industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of how to run a profitable body shop
- Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Experience supervising 5+ employees preferred
- A team player with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Proven leadership skills including motivating, coaching, and training
- Ability to manage systems and processes; knowledge of lean principles an asset
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Exposure to a centralized billing system; knowledge of Karmak preferred
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Organized, sets and manages priorities
- Numbers oriented and shows attention to detail
- Creates and drives change, ability to work with interruptions
- Technical confidence
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for over 30 years.
For more information, please contact email@example.com