Alignment and Frame Technician
Maxim Truck and Trailer
600 OakPoint Hwy
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Maxim Truck & Trailer is looking for new Alignment and Frame Technician to join the Collision team!
The Alignment and Frame Technician aligns wheels, axles, frames, torsion bars and steering mechanisms of heavy vehicles while working as a member of a team.
HOURS: Monday to Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
- Performs work as outlined on repair orders in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Drives Vehicles onto wheel alignment rack and tests for faulty alignment, bent axels, worn kingpins and bent steering linkages.
- Straighten axle and steering rods, adjust shims, tie rods and joining pins to align wheels or install new parts
- Checks times and parts needed for repairs and makes suggestions to rebuild or replace parts
- Ensures correct parts are available or on order and plans work flow for jobs by reviewing estimates and doing visual assessment
- Disassembles truck body and parts (stores/marks parts), seals any open lines and coordinates details with other Technicians
- Maintains accurate records for job estimates, tracks work hours, train and guides apprentices
- Maintains company tooling and equipment as well as general shop housekeeping to promote a safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years’ experience with a Bee Line alignment machine
- Level 1 Apprentice to Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Experience with component changing an asset
- Interest in continually upgrading skills and knowledge in trade
- Ability/willingness to complete I-CAR and MOPIA (air conditioning) certification
- Positive attitude and team player
- Strong commitment to the customer
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform physically demanding duties
- Familiar with tools of the trade and personally equipped with an adequate supply of hand tools
- Competitive hourly wage
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Group benefits including health, dental & vision
- Apprenticeship assistance plan
- Referral bonuses
- Ongoing manufacturer’s training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Boot & tool allowance
- Tool insurance
- Free parking
More About Us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportantion company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full-service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with 500 employees in business for over 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team?