PARTS BACK COUNTER PERSON
Req # 21059
Maxim Truck & Trailer
13240 170 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5V 1M7
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty, agriculture, or automotive parts? Do you enjoy helping internal technicians with their parts products requirements? You will provide service to Technicians requiring parts while ensuring quality inventory control.
You will maintain inventory levels, sources parts, and provides occasional external parts sales to select customers.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM
- Provides requested parts to Technicians and makes suggestions on additional parts needed for repair
- Posts parts on Karmak computer business system
- Processes cores and warranty parts for credit by: receiving tagged parts from Technicians, matching tags, inspecting parts, and placing in designated area in warehouse
- Stocks shelves and reports to Parts Manager on stock levels.
- Participates in annual parts inventories, clean-up, and preparation work
- Sources parts for select customers by phoning suppliers and competitors
- Seeks technical information regarding new & current products
- Orders merchandise within established limits
- 2 to 3 years of heavy-duty parts experience to ensure the ability to identify parts and work independently
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products preferred
- Experience with operating a forklift preferred
- Customer service focus & ability to build relationships
- Basic computer knowledge: keyboarding, data entry, internet
- Ability to learn in-house billing system
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- A team player, shows initiative, and a learner attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Mechanical aptitude an asset
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!