Maxim Truck & Trailer
6707 84th St. SE
Calgary, AB T2C 4T6
Maxim is currently seeking an LEAD HAND MECHANIC for our Calgary location. The successful candidate will direct and support technicians to ensure efficient, quality work on equipment while building long term relationships and producing profits for Maxim.
Hours: Sunday to Wednesday, 7:00AM to 5:30PM
- Performs technician duties including diagnostics, repairs, paperwork, and keeping the shop in order
- Assigns jobs to technicians and monitors quality of service in the shop. Conducts regular shop checks to inspect work-in-progress and work completed. Ensures all inspections are complete
- Supervises evening staff following Maxim’s leadership principles
- Reviews work orders with technicians to ensure legible and complete documentation
- Closes up shop and ensures building is secure
- Performs service counter duties to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction while producing the budgeted gross profits for the department
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a heavy duty truck and trailer technician
- Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Previous supervision experience is preferred
- Valid Class 1 with Air Driver’s License is an asset
- Team play with strong commitment to the customer
- Strong leadership skills to supervise staff and delegate work to the technicians
- A keen eye for detail to review completed work orders with the technicians
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn in house programs
- Ability to perform Service Coordinator duties as required
Why Choose Maxim?
- A ‘Tool and Boot’ Allowance of 100% reimbursement to a maximum of $400 per calendar year.
- Competitive compensation package
- Group Benefits including: health (drug card), dental, vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Employee referral bonuses - $1,000 and a FREE IPad!
- A great team to work with, and more!
More About Us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!