PARTS BACK COUNTER PERSON – Brandon, MB
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty, agriculture, or automotive parts? Do you enjoy helping internal technicians with their parts products requirements? You will provide service to Technicians requiring parts while ensuring quality inventory control.
You will maintain inventory levels, sources parts, and provides occasional external parts sales to select customers
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, with alternating Saturdays 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (every 3 weeks)
- Provides requested parts to Technicians and makes suggestions on additional parts needed for repair
- Posts parts on Karmak computer business system
- Processes cores and warranty parts for credit by: receiving tagged parts from Technicians, matching tags, inspecting parts, and placing in designated area in warehouse
- Stocks shelves and reports to Parts Manager on stock levels.
- Participates in annual parts inventories, clean-up, and preparation work
- Sources parts for select customers by phoning suppliers and competitors
- Seeks technical information regarding new & current products
- Orders merchandise within established limits
- 2 to 3 years of heavy-duty parts experience to ensure the ability to identify parts and work independently
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products preferred
- Experience with operating a forklift preferred
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Customer service focus & ability to build relationships
- Basic computer knowledge: keyboarding, data entry, internet
- Ability to learn in-house billing system
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- A team player, shows initiative, and a learner attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Mechanical aptitude an asset
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with 500 employees in business for over 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!