To apply to work at Maxim Truck & Trailer, visit our Career Opportunities page. You can search openings and apply directly to an open job or submit a general application. All applications that are submitted for a specific open job are reviewed.
At the Maxim, we value diversity and inclusion. We strive to provide a workplace where differences are accepted and celebrated, and aspire to build a workforce that is representative of the community in which we live and serve. We encourage you to declare your Employment Equity status when applying. There are four designated diversity groups:
- Aboriginal peoples: persons who are Indians, Inuit or Métis
- Persons with disabilities: persons who have a long-term or recurring physical, mental, sensory, psychiatric or learning impairment and who
- consider themselves to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment, or
- believe that an employer or potential employer is likely to consider them to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment
- This includes persons whose functional limitations owing to their impairment have been accommodated in their current job or workplace
- Members of visible minorities: persons, other than Aboriginal persons, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in colour
We encourage you to self-declare if you identify with one or more of the designated diversity groups. Please also advise the HR Advisor if accommodation measures must be taken to enable you to apply and be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
Once you apply for a specific job or submit a general application, your résumé is received by the Human Resources Department of Maxim. You will be sent an automated acknowledgement indicating your résumé has been successfully submitted.
- Your application will be evaluated by Human Resources and the Hiring Manager.
- The initial step in the hiring process involves matching your qualifications to the requirements of the positions. Therefore, it is important to clearly demonstrate how your qualifications meet the requirements in your cover letter and résumé.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Prior to an interview, you may be asked to participate in a brief phone interview or to complete a questionnaire, either by e-mail or on-line, to help assess your qualifications.
- All applications and résumés, including those not selected in the process, will be kept on file for a minimum of six months or until you decide to delete your profile.
INTERVIEWING & ASSESSING
- If your qualifications match an opportunity with Maxim, you may be contacted for one or more interviews. Interviews will be conducted by the Hiring Manager and a member of the Human Resources team (if required).
- During the interview, you will be asked to demonstrate your skills, knowledge, and ability by providing specific examples from your past experiences.
- The interview process may also include assessments and/or tests.
- Maxim will check your references before an official offer is made. Like many organizations, we conduct thorough background checks, including verification of employment, education, and security clearance. You will be asked for authorization to complete these checks before this step is taken.
THE JOB OFFER
- Should you be selected as the top candidate, you will be contacted to discuss an offer of employment.
- You will have a chance to review all proposed terms and conditions and pose any questions that you may have prior to signing the letter of offer.
- Once you have signed your letter of offer, it is official – welcome to the team!
- Human Resources will contact you to discuss what to expect on your first day.
- All new employees will participate in the Maxim’s New Employee Orientation program, which includes an overview of Maxim and its policies, meetings in which you will get to know our leaders, and on-the-job training customized to your specific role.
- You will receive a performance review after six months, an annual performance review at the end of each fiscal year, and ongoing coaching and feedback as required.