Maxim Truck and Trailer
600 OakPoint Hwy
Prepares and paints heavy-duty truck, trailers and other commercial vehicles or parts to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable sales for the company.
- Disassembles trucks, trailers, and commercial vehicles or collects parts needing painting from Body Repair Technicians; sands damaged parts; masks and prepares to ensure paint coverage only in appropriate areas.
- Applies different types of paint depending on material and environmental conditions; mixes, matches, and applies paint.
- Re-assembles and inspects completed paint job for imperfections (e.g. Scratches from re-assembly), and completes minor cleaning on jobs.
- Ensures a clean and maintained work environment.
- Respirator Fit Test
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years painting and prepping, to ensure effective independent decision-making
- Journeyman level preferred
- Understand paint application procedures
- Knowledge of surface preparation procedures
- Committed to ongoing training
- Proficient with a variety of tools and equipment, some of which are technologically advanced
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic math (for ratio mixing) and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and artistic abilities
- Able to do a considerable amount of standing, crawling, lifting, climbing, pulling and reaching
- Own spray equipment is required
- Own transportation to/from work is required as no bus service available on evening shift
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A combined ‘Tool and Boot’ Allowance of 100% reimbursement to a maximum of $400 per calendar year.
- Maxim will pay for 100% of eligible course and book expenses to a maximum of $1,000 per level for Apprenticeship Training.
- Competitive compensation packages, group benefits including health (drug card), dental, vision & company matching RRSP plan
- Career development training
- Job referral bonuses
- Modern facilities & equipment
- A great group of people to work with, and more!
MORE ABOUT US:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 550 employees.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org