Maxim Truck and Trailer
1280 Shawson Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 1C3
Are you an independent worker with a strong attention to detail? Do you enjoy working outside?
As our new Yard Person, you will inspect & clean all Maxim inventory and maintain shop and yard to facilitate quality work in the shop, reduce workplace safety and health risks, and provide a high level of customer satisfaction. You will also provide pick-up and delivery service to the Parts Department.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Cleaning trucks and trailers by washing exterior and completing some general interior cleaning
- Maintaining the shop and yard by: picking up miscellaneous litter, emptying garbage cans, shoveling sidewalks/doors in winter, cutting grass in the summer and other lawn maintenance, washing of bay doors and windows, and the disposal of pallets, cleaning and maintaining garage and shop tool room.
- Picking up and delivering parts to external customers. This will include loading trucks, completing associated paperwork and maintaining the appearance and maintenance of the company delivery truck.
- Checking-in and Checking-out Rental Trucks
- Preparing Rental Agreements
- Moving units between shop and customer.
Education & Experience:
- Valid Class G Driver’s License (Valid Class DZ Driver’s license an asset)
- Experience in vehicle cleaning or detailing position preferred
- Customer service focused
- Ability to endure repetitive and routine duties
- Shows attention to detail, initiative, and diligence
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of people
- Ability to work independently
- Permanent Full-Time position. Monday to Friday (flexibility required).
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive salary wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company. We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 15 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees.