Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic
Maxim Truck and Trailer
45 Lowson Cres.
Winnipeg, MB R3P 0T3
Maxim is currently seeking a HEAVY DUTY TRUCK TECHNICIAN for our Winnipeg Brookside Location. The successful candidate will work independently to complete the diagnostics, service and repair of heavy duty trucks and buses. This is a great opportunity to offer outstanding customer satisfaction while working as a valuable member of Maxim’s prospering team!
Hours: 7:00AM – 3:30PM OR 2:30PM – 11:00PM
- Complete thorough and quality diagnostic, service and repair of heavy duty trucks and buses
- Identify potential and future problems
- Make recommendations on repairs or replacement parts
- Update the Service Manager on completion time changes
- Road test the unit to ensure quality of work completed
- Document repairs, parts, or problems encountered during repair process on repair order
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- 1st Year Heavy Duty Apprentice to Journeyman status
- Safety Inspections Certificate an asset
- Interest in continually upgrading skills and knowledge in trade
- Team player with strong commitment to the customer
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn in-house programs
- Ability to lift 75 pounds and perform physically demanding tasks
- Familiar with the tools of the trade and personally equipped with adequate supply of hand tools
- Competitive hourly wage
- Shift premium when working evenings
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Group benefits including health, dental & vision
- Apprenticeship assistance plan
- Referral bonuses
- Ongoing manufacturer’s training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Boot & tool allowance
- Tool insurance
- Free parking
- and more!
More About Us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 550 employees.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team?