Human Resources Advisor (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Req # 19014
Maxim Truck & Trailer
1860 Brookside Blvd.
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Do you easily build rapport and relationships with people at all levels in a company? Do you have a passion for talent acquisition? Are you experienced with advising and coaching managers and staff on various HR related matters? Do you enjoy working on proactive HR projects and programs? If so, this may be the role for you!
The Human Resources Advisor will coach the management team to ensure that they are the best leaders in recruiting, retaining, and moving staff to high performance. Your role is to ensure treatment of staff is equitable, fair, and makes good long-term business sense. This is a temporary position to cover a maternity leave.
In this role you will be:
- Leading full cycle recruitment initiatives for both unionized and non-unionized positions for all business units of the company.
- Coaching managers on effective interviewing and selection processes
- Providing research and recommendations to assist Managers with investigations and resolution of employee relations matters
- Focusing on delivering high level of customer service that enhances our employee experience
- Providing guidance and written documentation in the performance management / disciplinary process
- Developing and/or updating job descriptions
- Coordinating and/or conducting in-house training programs such as new staff orientation and annual leadership training
- Keeping current on new or updated HR initiatives, policies and relevant legislation changes to ensure compliance.
- Working on various HR projects including policy and program developments
- Completing various monthly and year-end HR reports
- Conducting employee Exit Interviews
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- CPHR designation (or working towards) preferred
- Minimum of 3 years broad HR experience in a mid-size company specifically in recruitment
- Experience in Employment Standards
- Experience developing and/or facilitating workshops
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong administration and Microsoft Office skills
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines
- Deals professionally with confidential and sensitive information
Why choose Maxim?
- Support of a national company
- The challenge and complexity of implementing national practices across multiple branches and working with various provincial legislations.
- The sense of accomplishment and contributing to the company's success
- And of course, competitive compensation, a great modern office environment, fun co-workers, flexible working arrangements, and free parking!
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company. We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to PEI. We are proud to be a Canadian company over 550 employees and in business for over 30 years.
Be a part of the Maxim team! Apply Today!
Send your resume to: email@example.com