Director, Human Resources
Requisition # 19005
Maxim Truck & Trailer (DLH Group)
1860 Brookside Boulevard
Winnipeg, MB R3C 2E6
Do you have exceptional leadership skills? Do you easily build rapport and relationships with people at all levels in a company? Do you have experience leading Human Resource functions for a large, multi-location, multi-divisional company? If so, this may be the role for you!
As DLH Group’s Director of Human Resources, you will lead the human resource and safety functions by developing strategies, systems, policies and procedures in alignment with the company’s initiatives. You will oversee compliance with HR and Health & Safety legislation for all of our locations/entities across the country.
In this role you will be:
- Researching and proposing the human resource strategy and resulting programs, and aligning as needed to the corporate and business environment changes. This includes developing/sourcing and updating systems and programs that fit within the human resource and corporate strategies.
- Reviewing and approving termination of all employment relationships prior to the action taking place
- Researching and proposing wage increase guidelines. Creating the communication associated with the event and provides advice/additional research as required
- Providing excellent coaching to all levels of employees within the organization
- Supervising staff following the company’s Leadership principles, including: hiring the right staff and retaining them. Moving those staff to high performance by ensuring they have the correct skills and knowledge; communicating and providing feedback; rewarding and creating the work environment to make them the most productive
- Representing the Human Resource functions in monthly senior management meetings, and advocating for appropriate people practices
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation required
- Certified Executive Coach (CEC) designation is an asset
- Minimum 10 years of HR experience at the professional level
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role designing HR business programs
- Working in a multi-location, multi-divisional company is an asset
- Knowledge of all functions of HR is required (e.g. professional practice, organizational effectiveness, staffing, employee & labour relations, organizational learning & development, total compensation, workplace safety & health, and human resource information systems)
- Prior experience working with operations managers
- Interpersonal skills to deal with all levels within/outside the organization
- Strong organization, analytical, project management, problem solving, administrative and time management skills required
- MS Office proficiency – Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Interprovincial travel required
Why work for us?
- Support of a national company
- The challenge and complexity of implementing national practices across multiple companies and working with various provincial legislations.
- The sense of accomplishment and contributing to the company's success
- And of course, competitive compensation, a great modern office environment, fun co-workers, free parking, and more!
- Best of all….a great HR team to work with on a daily basis!
Maxim is one of seven Canadian companies that are part of the DLH Group. The DLH Group acts as the umbrella organization for three distinct but complimentary business units. The focus of DLH Group is on the manufacture, sale, and after sales service of heavy duty transport trucks and trailers. The companies that fall under the DLH Group banner include Maxim Truck & Trailer, Tereck Diesel, Summit Trailer, Arne’s Welding, Trout River Industries, Manco Manufacturing and Toowoomba Land Company. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are proud to be a Canadian company with locations from BC to PEI. We have been in business for over 35 years and employ over 900 employees across the country.
Be a part of our team! Apply Today!
For more information, please e-mail email@example.com