Design Draftsperson – Special Projects
835 Mission Street
Designs and review parts and assemblies, inspects defective manufactured parts, propose corrections and best practices in order to meet customer specifications.
- Review current drawings and place corrective information for manufacturing. Consults with production supervisors to obtain specialized information as needed. Researches and produces specialized work instructions for manufacturing of the designed work products.
- Examines, measures, and inspects defective parts for nonconformance to design drawing specifications.
- Helps technical staff to develop new fixtures and other improvements.
- May assist or provide training to less experienced staff.
Education & Experience:
- Mechanical or Manufacturing engineering background with 2+ years in a manufacturing environment in order to understand manufacturing processes
- Background in transportation, metal fabrication industry is highly recommended
- Experience with machine programming of brake press, plasma cut, lathe and other automated machines as asset
- Knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement practices
- Knowledge of ISO Quality Standards applied to manufacturing
- MET or CET preferred
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, preferably with Pro-E
- Proficient MS Office
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to write technical reports
- Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a great team environment with a comprehensive salary and group benefit package.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Arne’s Welding is part of DLH Group.*