Maxim Truck and Trailer
125 Conservation Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6T8
GENERAL MANAGER – Thunder Bay, ON
Do you have exceptional leadership skills? As Maxim’s General Manager, you will provide leadership for staff by creating national and local account relationships, exceeding customer expectations and achieve the business goals and budget.
- Ongoing performance management, goal setting and professional development of Service Manager and Parts Manager;
- Provides leadership to staff in sales, marketing and operations – ensuring they understand the customer’s needs. Assists in ensuring Maxim is meeting the needs of national and local accounts through regular contact. Responsible for growing key relationships with accounts.
- Assembles annual business plan, budgets and productivity measures by location/sales representative for areas of accountability from information provided by direct reports. Reviews month end reports to control expenses and to adjust business plans and ensure accurate reflection of the operations;
- Present monthly results to Maxim’s Executive Team;
- Provide ongoing technical support to SMs, Maxim’s Central Fleet Maintenance Group and our external customers;
- Identify opportunities to improve customer service (both internal and external) and develop/implement improvement plans;
- Overall P&L responsibility for your branch;
- Develops branch forecasts and consolidated forecast;
- Responsible for the growth of Revenue (organic and through acquisition).
- Minimum of 5 years prior Branch Manager experience, (e.g., trailers, rentals and leasing, parts, service etc)
- Minimum of 2 years in the retail medium/heavy duty truck industry or equivalent, to ensure knowledge of sales, financial results, creating budgets, developing standards, administration, customer service, and shop management.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience preferably with sales staff.
- Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor’s degree with a major in business would be an asset.
- Direct General Manager experience to ensure knowledge of the fundamentals in service and/or parts, department operations, financial results, administration, customer service, and fleet management.
- Knowledge of fleet and dealer maintenance procedures and systems is an asset
- 5 years management experience at a senior level
- University degree in Business or Finance - MBA or B.Com designation is preferred.
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive salary with incentive plan
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not a transportation company! We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are a proud Canadian company with over 550 employees that has been in business for over 30 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!
You may also e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org