PARTS COUNTER PERSON
Maxim Truck & Trailer
3250 Idlwyld Drive N.
Saskatoon, SK S7L 5Y7
Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty, agriculture, or automotive parts? Do you enjoy helping internal and external customers with their parts products requirements?
Maxim is currently seeking a PARTS COUNTER PERSON for our Saskatoon branch.
The successful candidate will sell parts to customers by providing technical expertise and customer service to ensure profitable sale of parts and development of long-term customer relationships.
- Sells parts to customers and builds customer relationships by correctly identifying parts needed, taking orders, creating invoices, billing out freight, and collecting payment. Inputs lost sales (e.g. due to no stock) into Karmak business system.
- Increases sales and decreases obsolete stock by making suggestions, up-selling products and advising customers on product applications
- Stocks shelves and reports stock levels. Maintains counter and store area and may assist in putting up displays. Participates in annual parts inventories, clean-up and preparation work.
- Sources parts for select customers by phoning suppliers and competitors. Seeks technical information regarding new & current products and orders merchandise within established limits.
- Accepts returned goods from customers for a credit
- Deliver parts to external customers when required.
- 2 to 3 years of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts experience to ensure the ability to identify
- 2+ years with front line sales and customer service
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products an asset
- Customer service focus & ability to build relationships
- Able to up-sell products to customers
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge with ability to learn in-house systems
- Knowledge of Karmak business system preferred
- A team player, shows initiative, and a continual learner attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Mechanical aptitude demonstrated through informal automotive/truck mechanical experience a definite asset
- Forklift license or ability to achieve an asset
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Apprenticeship training supported
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday to Friday with the possibility of Saturday’s in lieu of Monday shift in the future.
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 17 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team?