21010 108 Ave NW
As a Foreman you will direct and support the Technicians to ensure that all repairs and maintenance are performed correctly the first time. You will ensure work is completed in a safe environment, while producing the budgeted gross profits for the department.
- Delegates work to Technicians by pre-established priority
- Supervises staff following Summit's leadership principles
- Reviews completed work orders with Technicians to ensure accuracy
- Assists in protecting and maintaining Summit's customers assets while in your care
- 5+ years in a leadership role in the heavy-duty truck and trailer industry, specifically in the parts or service area
- Knowledge or experience of how to run a profitable service shop
- Journeyman designation or equivalent experience
- Experience supervising 5+ employees preferred
- Valid Class One with Air Driver’s License an asset (for road testing)
- A team player with a strong commitment to the customer
- Proven leadership skills including motivating, coaching, and training
- Ability to manage systems and processes; knowledge of lean principles an asset
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to learn in house programs
- Exposure to a centralized billing system; knowledge of Karmak preferred
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Organized, sets and manages priorities
Monday to Friday 7:00AM to 4:30PM with a rotational Saturday shift from 8:00AM-12:00PM (Noon)
Why choose Summit Trailer?
- A competitive wage
- Great working atmosphere!
- Group benefits including health, dental & vision
- Willing to train to open Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment and family atmosphere
- Strong Social Committee / Christmas Party / Staff Barbeques
- Free Parking
- Paid vacation
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts and service to our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, we are a full service truck trailer equipment dealer with 4 locations in Edmonton, Penticton and Prince George. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 75 employees in the business for over 13 years.
Summit Trailer Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of resumes we receive only selected candidates will be contacted. All other resumes will be retained for future consideration.
Come work for us!
Please email resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.