21010 108 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB T5S 1X4
As a Rental Manager/Freight Coordinator you will provide front-line customer service to clients requiring rentals and who have general rental and lease inquiries. Control Company costs through effective check-in/check-out procedures and related administration
- Managing day to day operations of the rental counter, dealing with customer requests in person and on the phone
- Managing day to day freight coordination of trailers and boxes from MFG, to all 3 sales branches
- Contact established rental customers, and prospect potential new customers
- Developing customer relationships through continual contact and follow up
- Process customer rental requests by checking availability of units, quoting rates, checking customer credits and insurance coverage, and preparing rental contracts.
- Performs administration duties such as updating vehicle registration, closing rental contracts, invoicing customers, and preparing month-end billing for long-term rentals.
- Follow up with customers that have units on rent and collect payments monthly
- Book damaged rentals into shop get estimates and bill customer accordingly
- Negotiation of freight rates with outside carriers
- Monitors initial pick-up and delivery of trailers which includes: ensuring trailer has valid transit permit
- Incoming/outgoing trailers have photos and written records of any damage(s) incurred during transit
- Follows up with responsible parties to collect reimbursement for damage, and approves/codes invoices from carriers
- Confidently issue Purchase Orders for acquisitions
- Valid driver’s license required; Class 1 or 3 with air brakes an asset.
- Exposure to working in a sales environment preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel, email, Internet, and keyboarding
- Effective communication skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Negotiation skills or aptitude to learn
- Organizational skills, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with interruptions and react quickly to change
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with customers and freight brokers
- Experience in dispatch or logistics in truck & trailer or similar industry is an asset
- Knowledge of trailer components/specifications and how they interact would be an asset
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance practices is an asset
- Experience with Summit in-house computer systems an asset (Karmak, Convergence)
Why choose Summit Trailer?
- A competitive Salary and benefit program
- Yearly incentive program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Edmonton AB, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with locations in AB and BC. We are proud to be a Canadian company in business for over 15 years.
Apply today! E-mail your resume or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org