Do you have technical knowledge of heavy-duty, agriculture, or automotive parts? Do you enjoy helping internal and external customers with their parts products requirements? If so, this may be the job for you.
- Sells parts to customers and builds customer relationships by correctly identifying parts needed, taking orders, creating invoices, billing out freight, and collecting payment.
- Increases sales and decreases obsolete stock by making suggestions, up-selling products and advising customers on product applications
- Stocks shelves and reports stock levels. Maintains counter and store area and may assist in putting up displays.
- Participate in annual parts inventories, clean-up and preparation work.
- Sources parts for select customers by phoning suppliers and competitors. Seeks technical information regarding new & current products and orders merchandise within established limits.
- Accepts returned goods from customers for a credit
- Pick parts based on computer generated pick tickets.
- Consolidate orders going to same locations and package for shipping.
- Load and unload couriers and delivery trucks from other branches.
- 2 to 3 years of heavy-duty truck & trailer parts experience to ensure the ability to identify
- Previous experience with front line sales and customer service (or willingness to learn)
- Prior parts sourcing or purchasing of products an asset
- Able to up-sell products to customers
- Strong numbers orientation, attention to detail
- Organized, sets priorities, meets deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge with ability to learn in-house systems
- Knowledge of Karmak business system preferred
- A team player, shows initiative, and a continual learner attitude
- Able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Mechanical aptitude demonstrated through informal automotive/truck mechanical experience a definite asset
- Forklift license or ability to achieve an asset
Why choose Maxim?
- A competitive hourly wage
- Group benefits including health (drug card), dental & vision
- RRSP plan with company match
- Educational assistance plan
- Apprenticeship training supported
- Employee referral $$ bonuses
- Opportunities for advancement
- Strong team environment
- Support of a national company
More about us:
We provide quality transportation equipment, parts, and service to our customers. Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, we are a full service truck and trailer equipment dealer with 18 locations from Vancouver to Montreal. We are proud to be a Canadian company with over 500 employees in business for 40 years.
Why not be a part of the Maxim team? Apply Today!